Junior Achievement is a partnership between the business community, educators and volunteers — all working together to inspire young people to dream big and reach their potential. JA's hands-on, experiential programs teach the key concepts of work readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy to young people all over the world.
The Juneau Junior Achievement Committee is currently led by JEDC, Alaska Communications, Alaska USA FCU, and Capital Office, however, other Juneau organizations and businesses are encouraged to get involved. JEDC provides staff support to coordinate teacher and volunteer recruitment, volunteer orientation sessions, works with statewide Junior Achievement coordinator to identify and order program kits, carries out follow–up workshops, and general promotion of the program, among other tasks.
The envisioned future ... what we aspire to become. Junior Achievement maintains an active vision, front and center, on how we can have a positive impact on the lives of more students - guided by our core values:
- Belief in the boundless potential of young people
- Commitment to the principles of market-based economics and entrepreneurship
- Passion for what we do and honesty, integrity, and excellence in how we do it
- Respect for the talents, creativity, perspectives, and backgrounds of all individuals
- Belief in the power of partnership and collaboration
- Conviction in the educational and motivational impact of relevant, hands-on learning