STEM AK Summer Camps
2017 STEM Summer Camps
Hundreds of children enjoyed Juneau Economic Development Council’s summer STEM camps last year. Make this summer count for your child! 2017 offers a rich array of STEM camp opportunities to kids entering grade two through twelve.
These camps are led by experienced and enthusiastic staff dedicated to ensure that your child's camp experience if safe and fun with tons of opportunity to explore and learn. Each of these camps will give kids hands-on experience in STEM. Space is limited and these camps sellout fast so be sure to sign up early!
- Full STEAM Ahead! Camp (grades 1-3)
- Maker Camp (grades 6-8)
Please note that campers must bring their own lunch, and gear appropriate for the weather.
Summer Camp Testimonials:
- “Oh, how I wish we could get many more children in this!! It is SO WONDERFUL!!!”
- “My son enjoyed creating his underwater robot and showing us how it worked. Seeing him engaged in a learning activity that he enjoyed was great!”
- “My son had an amazing time building both an underwater ROV, and programming the commands on his EV3 robot to perform specific duties. I witnessed an excitement in him that I haven't seen in a while and his instructors had asked him to come back and be a student teacher for the younger classes. These programs are what make our future engineers!”
- “JEDC STEM camps give kids the opportunity to problem solve while working cooperatively gives our children the confidence and skills necessary to be successful in whatever they decide to do.”
If you would like to see photos from last year's camps please look at our Flickr account: http://tinyurl.com/stemakflickr
LEGO WeDo Products will be used to make alligators that chomp and monkeys that move! This camp is for students entering grades 2-3.
- Students entering grades 2 - 3
- Cost: $240
- 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Monday-Thursday @ Thunder Mountain High School
- June 19-22
- July 10-13
Campers will use Mindstorms software to program LEGO EV3 Robots to complete various challenges! We are offering several weeks of Robotics Camps and participants can attend multiple weeks because activities will vary from week to week.
- Students entering grades 4 - 8
- Cost: $300
- 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Monday-Friday @ Thunder Mountain High School
- Special Advanced Camp by Invitation Only: June 5-9 (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions)
- June 12-16
- July 17-21
A new spin on Girls Rock Science! Campers will use Mindstorms software to program LEGO EV3 Robots to complete various challenges!
- Girls entering grades 4 - 8
- Cost: $300
- June 26-30
Interested in honing your skills for the FIRST Tech Challenge? This camp will give students on opportunity to build skills in 3D Design and prototyping, programming in android studio, and the general engineering design process.
- Students entering grades 9 - 12
- Cost: $300
- July 31 - Aug 4