WHAT WE DO
- Find commercial parters for Alaska-grown inventions and technologies
- Help Alaskan businesses grow and be competitive with new technologies from federal labs, universities & inventors
- Increase revenue for our universities, private labs and inventors
- Turn innovative ideas in to new businesses & jobs
- Support existing Alaskan businesses in global competitiveness
- Increase research dollars coming to our state
- Promote innovation to diversify Alaska’s economy
JEDC's EXPERIENCE in TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER
JEDC facilitated an agreement between Civil Technologies, LLC of Anchorage and the Army Corps of Engineers ERDC laboratory to develop a technology to stabilizes marginal soils without permafrost when suitable borrow material is unavailable.This effort resulted in a cost effective solution to sub‐grade and subsurface stabilization for pads and roads in environments with marginal soils.
An agreement was facilitated between the conglomeration of Fugro companies and the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) Stennis to allow for data transfer between several parties for research collaboration related to the hardware, software, and conceptual technology applicable to marine, terrestrial and ice geo surveying.
Secure Data Transfer
Sequestered Solutions of Alaska, LLC commercialized The Trapline Network, a high-security hardware device used in data transfer. The based technology was developed by the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) with JEDC connecting the entities.
Fishbone heavy metal remediation in mines
JEDC facilitated an agreement between the Army Corps of Engineers Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) and Teck Alaska to collaborate on the testing of a new heavy metal remediation product for use at Red Dog Mine. This technology could help both the seafood and mining industries by turning a product currently entering the waste stream to a new tool for improving the environment.